Repair Engineer - Kansas City, MO - 130478
Global Technical Services •
Our client is looking for a Repair Engineer! Apply today with your most recent resume and if you meet the qualifications a recruiter will be in contact with you!
The ideal candidate for this position will perform the following tasks:
* Supports the Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) activities of Aviation Technical Services by providing aircraft structural repair dispositions to aircraft undergoing heavy maintenance and out of service due to various types of damage.
* Work directly with mechanics on the aircraft to determine the best course of action, developing solutions that return the airplane to an airworthy condition meeting all regulatory requirements and returning the aircraft to revenue service in an expeditious manner. This may include working directly with the aircraft manufactures, third party design centers, or developing the repair based on current available data.
* May require overnight travel, being on-call, and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours
* May require being assigned to alternative shifts such as Day, Night, Swing, and Weekends in order to support programs or installations
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of six (6) years relevant aerospace experience or 10 years of equivalent aircraft design experience required.
Develop timely structural repairs for aircraft and components based on
sound engineering principles driven by OEM, FAA, airline, and best
* Ability to provide substantiation for approval
authorities for the engineering soundness of repairs, describing not
only the “how” but the “why” of the repair construction.
competence in Computer Aided Design; Solidworks or AutoCAD preferred;
can successfully create drawings and repairs on CAD software.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of software.
* Ability to clearly and concisely communicate Engineering solutions to mechanics, customers, and OEM representatives.
Ability to manage time, manage one’s tasks in a timely manner, plan
priorities and ability to easily flow with rapidly changing
priorities.Comfortable in a dynamic environment and aircraft heavy
* Have a solid understanding of, and be able
to apply information from Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs), Aircraft
Maintenance Manuals (AMMs), Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs), Service
Bulletins (SBs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and other aircraft
* Ability to interpret and use aircraft manufacturing, assembly, and installation drawings.
Ability to understand regulatory requirements for airworthiness, for
the FAA and various foreign authorities (EASA, etc.) and include in
engineering documents, drawings and designs.
* Be adaptable and
flexible at all times and apply their knowledge and skills to develop
creative solutions to a wide variety of unique design, modification, and
repair problems encountered.
* Strong PC skills including the MS Office Suite.
* Proficient in Computer Aided Design tools.
Ability to accomplish basic stress analysis and substantiation for
repairs or modifications using standard accepted industry practices and
other structural design methodologies.(Note: this is not a stress
engineer position, but a basic understanding and ability is required).
* Strong working knowledge of MyBoeingFleet and AirbusWorld.
* Previous experience as a mechanic (i.e. A&P, military crew chief, etc.) a plus.
* Strong and assertive communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Genuine openness and willing desire to learn and grow with guidance
from senior engineers, mechanics, and specialists from a variety of
* Ability to work and make decisions independently with limited supervision.
Lead/mentor up to 1-4 engineers/drafters and provide technical guidance
to lesser experienced staff. Coach and mentor others on best practices.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering desired
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and characteristics:
* Strong time-management and problem-solving skills
* Show positive attitude and volunteer for various assignments in order to hold program schedules
* Self-motivated and multi-tasker
Benefits: Visit http://www.teamglobal.com/benefits.html for more details.
Job Ident #: