Rotorcraft Susceptibility/Detectability Acoustic Engineer
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Come and experience your future!
Be the best possible you.
At Lockheed Martin, we are passionate about innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our capacity – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, education, and background.
Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products? We provide the resources, reassurance, and focus - if you have the resourcefulness and courage to work hard, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Performs scientific experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies into the nature and operation of natural phenomena in a particular field, using the scientific methods.
Develops theories for understanding, characterizing and prioritizing natural phenomena into a detailed and significant pattern for the benefit of project advancement and new technologies.
The successful candidate will lead/support rotorcraft aural design/detection, analysis and test efforts. The responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Leading projects to include supervising & reporting progress to senior management. Technical presentations to internal and external customers.
- Flight Test interface (instrumentation requests & correlation to predictions/model calibration)
- Analytical prediction and validation of human, acoustic signatures and electric detection models.
- Ground and flight test plan creation to validate acoustics and detection
- Analytical aerodynamic and aero-acoustic modeling of rotorcraft dynamic systems, specifically main, tail, and propeller components.
- Schedule, perform, and data reduce analytical, wind tunnel and aircraft flight acoustic test data. Lead/perform research and resolution of complex noise phenomenon.
Look no further, the future of aviation is here. Join our awesome team today!
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above we offer extensive benefits that include competitive 401k and insurance. We remain an equal opportunity company.
- MS Engineering (required)
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in all aspects of acoustics, to include analysis, ground and flight (required)
- Active DoD Secret or TOP Secret clearance (required)
- Ability to obtain Special Access Clearance (required)
- Knowledge of military aircraft detection criteria, techniques, and models (such as ICHIN, dPrime, others) (required)
- Experience in CFD and CFD/CSD applications and techniques (required)
- Experience taking aircraft noise measurements and digital signal processing techniques (required)
- Experience using comprehensive dynamic systems models, CFD aerodynamic codes and rotor/propeller noise prediction model (required)
- Able to code using MATLAB, and Python (required)
- CFD modeling with either ANSYS FLUENT/StarCCM+/HELIOS (required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (required)
- Proficiency in MS Office products (required)
- PhD Engineering (preferred)
- Experience in propulsion noise (preferred)
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) via NASTRAN (preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of rotorcraft design and testing (preferred)
- Experience in CATIA V5/3DX and mesh generation (preferred)
- Prior experience managing efforts including project estimating and tracking (preferred)
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)