Senior Engineer Electrical Systems
The Senior Engineer Electrical Systems performs a variety of engineering work including design, analysis, substantiation, certification, drawing interpretation and project management related to transport category aircraft. Provides (or may provide) senior level engineering drawings related to electrical systems and components in support of VIP aircraft completions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Design and analyze electrical systems and components, typically in support aircraft interior modifications and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
2. Prepare electrical engineering reports, Engineering Authorization (EAs), drawings, analysis, and test plans.
3. Develop cabin electrical modification/installation work instruction, procedures and recommendations.
4. Coordinate and monitor electrical aspects of project schedule with project managers.
5. Monitor and support electrical kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
6. Support electrical aspects of proposal development.
7. Coordinate with foreign and domestic approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/or approvals.
8. Work within engineering team to delegate and assign work to appropriate team members.
9. Applies area of specialty to design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
10. Reviews progress with management and recommends corrective action along with review of alternatives.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Aerospace Engineering.
2. 8+ years of experience in Aviation Electrical Engineering.
3. 4+ years of experience with aircraft electrical systems and wiring diagrams
4. Familiarity with the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process, OEM documentation, and working with DERs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Visio.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
3. Knowledge of MS Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access) preferred.
4. Aviation background and electrical/avionics experience.
5. Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
6. Experience with electrical assemblies and components.
7. Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
8. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
9. Budget and project management experience.
10. Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
11. Requires in-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory agency requirements and discern how a design may be influenced by them.
12. Requires reasoning/analytical skills to creatively design and problem solve.
13. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
14. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
Job Ident #: