EXPLEO USA is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join a dynamic and expanding team in Orangeburg, SC.
Reporting to ME Director Serial Production – Civil, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer – North America & Mexico, leads the development and deployment of global manufacturing initiatives (Zero Defects Manufacturing, Quality Improvement Programs, ME Capability Development) at a regional level (multiple sites). You will identify and execute cost reduction and quality improvement programs/projects to facilitate the achievement of Business targets (Quality and Cost) in said region. In collaboration with local ME Leadership, assess regional sites industrial maturity and devise a roadmap to improve current maturity and coordinates using structured problem solving, improvements to regional ME business processes.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards
- Ensure regional deployment of ME capability deployment efforts (Zero Defects Manufacturing, APQP, Six Sigma) and supports program continuous development
- Coach production and engineering teams in problem solving (PPS & 8D)
- Executes industrial maturity assessments in regional sites and develop plan to improve industrial efforts (layouts, capacity assessments, process capability)
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve Business processes (ME Processes, Configuration and Data management) within the function
- Collaborate with site in the execution of quality and productivity related projects. Consolidate projects under regional improvement project portfolio
- Use industry tools and frameworks (Six Sigma, Zero Defects Manufacturing) to assess process capability and deploy corrective action
- Continuously improve business and manufacturing processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
- Support site ME team to advance the program from the NPI (New Product Introduction) Phase to a Steady State production phase as defined in the GKN Lifecycle Gate Process
- Maintain and develop positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers