Senior Systems Engineer
Lockheed Martin •
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable, or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and teamwork.
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
ABOUT OUR MISSION
What does this role look like?
THE SYSTEM ENGINEER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
The engineer will design, integrate, and test Command, Control and Communications (C3) systems. C3 systems perform multiple critical functions such as radar and sensor management, track filtering, track management including correlation/association, control of multiple communication links, threat evaluation and prioritization, and command of weapon systems for target engagement or assignment.
Job duties will include:
- Decomposition of customer requirements into system and computer program requirements
- Requirements allocation and tracing
- Functional analysis and timeline analysis
- Detailed trade studies
- Model-based system engineering using SysML (activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.)
- Algorithm development
- Test procedure and test script development
- Formal requirements verification
- System integration and testing
- Root cause analysis and resolution of defects
- Interfacing with software team to communicate designs and troubleshoot issues
- Communication of designs and test status to the customer
- Support of waterfront installation and testing in port or at sea
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
We may not know whats going to change the world next, but chances are were already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
At Lockheed Martin we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
- The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
- A competitive 401k match and bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Long term stability
- A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
Life in Moorestown, New Jersey
Located in Burlington County and is an eastern suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Football, hockey, basketball and more are less than a one-hour drive from Moorestown.
This area has a rich past with historical monuments like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall nearby.
For outdoor enthusiasts, this area offers hiking trails, state parks and warm summers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in an Engineering field such as Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Machine Learning or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years engineering experience
- Experience working in a team environment in one or more of the following areas: analysis, requirements development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, and test
- Hands-on experience dealing with network and computer technologies
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Level Clearance
- Proficient in the usage and application of C++/Python or similar programming language
- SysML Behavioral/functional modeling
- Design, integration, and test of Command and Control systems
- Integration of sensors, radars, and/or electronic warfare (EW) systems
- Algorithm definition/development
- Formal requirements testing
- Data analysis and automated testing/scripting
- Experience in the integration and test of complex systems and subsystems
- Knowledge of the system engineering process
- Familiarity with computer architectures and algorithm development for a range of system and subsystem applications
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)