Innovative Solutions & Support, Inc. •
Responsible for the SW development on the IS&S product platforms. Works in unison with other Engineering disciplines to develop and integrate SW into flight equipment. The candidate will be wiring code in C/C++ with some assembly code for lower level or performance critical functions. The candidate will make assessments on reusability, maintainability and efficiency on the development platform. the embedded software engineer will be responsible for the development of the low-level software requirements and design documentation in accordance with RTCA DO-178B/C guidelines and utilize his own expertise with team input to make judgments on the technical approach for the software design in compliance with system and software requirements and within the established processes at IS&S. All IS&S associates are expected to take responsibility to assure the safety of themselves and their colleagues, the security of company facilities and the protection of proprietary information or technologies.
“Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship not available.”
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in embedded software design and development.
- Familiarity with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-178B/C is desired.
- Familiarity with the C programming language is required
- Familiarity with Freescale microprocessors is desired
- Familiarity with graphics development using OpenGL is desired
- Familiarity with interface driver development for integrated microprocessors or standard communication interfaces (i.e. ARINC 429, Ethernet, RS-422, I2C, SPI, etc.) is desired.
- Proficiency with configuration management tools and methodologies and product life cycle documentation. Experience with IBM Doors or equivalent is desired.
- Must have working experience on cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to communicate design principles and technical content to other team members.
- Must set forward high expectations and holds him/herself and others accountable for continuous improvement.
Job Ident #: