Software Development Engineer - Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges and provide visible benefit to end users, this is your opportunity.
Come work for the Amazon Prime Air team!
Were looking for an outstanding Software Engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for someone who innovates, and loves solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated 1 in Innovation and 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience in developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions
- Demonstrated experience in business communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience working with AWS technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, Neptune and Step Functions
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Experience working with robotics software frameworks or middleware
- Experience working on aerospace products / projects
- Experience applying machine learning approaches to complex problems
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
- Experience in communicating with technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)