Software Development Engineer in Test - Prime Air, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity. Come work at Amazon Prime Air!
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test who will collaborate with other test engineers, hardware engineers, and software engineers to design and develop effective tests and infrastructure for requirements verification, reliability, and other programs.
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing solutions for all stages of hardware production and operations. You will be building tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to meet the challenges found in automation, device communication, equipment controllers, internet of things, and data analysis.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering complex solutions, making appropriate trade-offs to manage risk, and clearly communicating goals and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and client project teams.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field and 3+ years of relevant work experience or 6+ years of relevant work experience in test engineering roles.
- Experience designing and implementing automated tests for hardware and software systems.
- Proficiency in test software development and scripting in at least one programming language such as Python.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment or electronic measurement devices
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication of complex systems across disciplines.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a developer or SDET.
- Experience integrating automation software with lab equipment or electronic measurement devices
- Detailed and comprehensive knowledge of environmental, mechanical and electrical tests in Aerospace, Aviation, or Industrial applications.
- Working knowledge of automated test frameworks.
- Ability to triage issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Experience working on certified products (e.g. FAA, FCC).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)