Software Development Engineer, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Were looking for an outstanding engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. If developing device drivers or working on low-level OS optimizations sound fun, this is the team for you. A successful candidate will be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams.
We’re looking for someone who innovates, and loves solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
This position may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on ’s ability to apply for and obtain an export license on your behalf
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· 1+ years of embedded software development experience (C / C++)
· Python experience
· Familiarity with low-level system kernel operations of Linux and/or real-time operating systems
· Familiarity developing device drivers or other hardware enablement
· Familiarity developing BSPs (Board Support Packages)
· Knowledge of aerospace best practices, DO-178C, and DAL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)