Software Development Engineer, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
, International, International
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come join the Amazon Prime Air perception team, and help us in creating a delivery system designed to safely get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less using autonomous aerial vehicles, also called drones. Prime Air has great potential to enhance the services we already provide to millions of customers by providing rapid parcel delivery that will also increase the overall safety and efficiency of the transportation system.
Were looking for an outstanding Software Engineer who combines superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. This person must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and collaborating with our research teams. We’re looking for someone who innovates, and loves solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The monthly gross salary according to the CBA is at least EUR 4.209. There is a willingness to make an overpayment, depending on qualification and professional experience.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience of coding skills in at least C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of fundamentals in computer vision and machine learning.
- You are results-driven with analytical skills and the ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices.
- You demonstrate decision-making skills that use sound reasoning and, when required, use consultation to achieve consensus.
- You must have the right to work in Austria.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and livesite operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch
- Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs
- Experience applying machine learning approaches to complex problems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)