Software Development Engineer, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity and inclusion of our teams within the organization.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, then come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
If you’re an outstanding software development engineer who has superb technical skills, an ability to quickly research and learn new technologies, and enjoys working on the cutting edge, this job is for you. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
The ideal candidate will have experience using AWS to build server-less applications for workflow management and data processing. Experience with computer vision, machine learning, and aerospace systems is a plus.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years relevant software engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals and core areas like problem solving, data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle
- Experience building workflow applications and automating manual tasks
- Familiarity with machine learning and computer vision concepts
- Interest/Experience in aerospace technologies
- Experience, and a passion for, mentoring junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)