SkyWest is the largest regional airline in the United States and partners with four major airline carriers. More meaningfully, we’re known for our reliability, service, and our professional employees who operate more than 2,000 flights every single day throughout North America. We have been esteemed as one of “America’s Best Employers” by Forbes and are known for an industry-leading workforce, an exceptional leadership team, and our proven operational and economic performance. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, our SkyWest people in IT positions support the operations to keep SkyWest Airlines operating at the top of the industry. Our team is growing and we’re looking for dedicated individuals who are ready to take initiative and help us build our business by helping to maintain company efficiency.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality and professionalism, along with world-class benefits like 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement, and travel benefits that extend beyond our major partners and allow you to see the world.
In order to maintain our exceptional reputation for reliability, we need dedicated Software Engineers to support other departments in our company as well as our business partners. If you are a highly motivated individual who constantly strives to improve yourself, your company, and those around you wed love to hear from you. In this role you will:
- Create database-driven Windows applications and web sites according to specifications
- Work with business partners in identifying and documenting functional system requirements
- Prepare detail design specifications and lead design reviews
- Perform unit testing and facilitate acceptance testing with business partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Visual Studio and C
- Experience with Windows Forms, ASP.Net, or WPF
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Able to prepare SQL Server database designs
- Experience testing and debugging code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of software development experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Microsoft certification is preferred, but not required
Physical and Other Requirements
- Sitting in front of a computer for extended periods of time
- Please complete the on-line application. Qualified applicants will be contacted
This job posting may have an additional phone interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.