Job ID: 104755
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas and Austin, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
The embedded Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) Software Development Team. The Engineer will design, develop and test embedded software for infrared sensors and subsystems. The Engineer will interface with other DRS Team Members representing a wide range of disciplines, including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• Bachelor's Degree with 0-1 year(s) embedded software development experience; prior related intern or coop experience will be considered. A Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Degree is preferred.
• Experience developing software in C/C++
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Motivated, self-starter individual
• U.S. Citizenship
• Solid knowledge in Operating System concepts
• Solid knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms
• Experience in mutli-tasking programming, and debugging
• Familiarity with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
• Experience with Microsoft Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports and participates in technical activity
• Designs, develops, analyzes, and tests products, systems or subsystems
• May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
• Ability to work independently under supervision of others
• Provides regular reporting of progress and status
• Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
• Reviews customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Develops prototypes to retire key development risks as directed
• Communicates clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
• Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Other duties as assigned
The health and safety of our employees and their families remains a top priority at Leonardo DRS, and we continue to take action to address the risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace. Subject to state-specific exemptions, newly hired employees are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date, unless a medical or religious accommodation or an exemption pursuant to applicable state law is formally approved by Leonardo DRS prior to commencing employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS