Software Verification Engineer 3- Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• Familiarity with real-time embedded software applications, preferably for airborne electronic systems.
• Experience performing software verification activities for airborne electronic systems preferred (Flight Control Systems or Avionics for example).
• Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink.
• Experience performing Hardware in the Loop testing, including unit testing (test bench) and in a lab integrated with peripheral systems and real-time simulations.
• Basic understanding of C/C++ or an equivalent programming language.
• Familiarity with DO-178C and DO-331 preferred.
• Capable of working with Version Control Systems (SVN, git, or equivalent).
• Experience writing software requirements.
• Experience authoring requirements-based test procedures.
• Working knowledge of the principles of control science and theory.
• Ability to read and understand functional block diagrams.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
$65.00 Hour ST-$97.50 Hour OT
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)