Special Missions Project Engineer
Textron Aviation •
Member of the Special Missions team for jet product development and will be focused on running a full project for special mission solutions on specific jet models.
- Primary point of contact and responsible for building relationships with the customer, vetting solutions for their needs, capturing the opportunity, managing the project, and ensuring the product can be delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage the full life cycle of the program from contract, through development, certification, and delivery.
- Coordination with the Special Mission Sales team to capture jet programs.
- Coordination with the Special Mission Technical Solutions team to define a solution for the customer’s mission profile.
- Coordination with internal and external modifiers for mission specific configurations.
- Responsible for Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Reviews, and Program Reviews.
- Local and international travel may be necessary for the captured programs.
- Other related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and regulations.
- Military or Pilot experience is preferred.
- A&P license is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance is preferred.
- Experience with Import/Export and ITAR regulations.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of fundamental aircraft systems.
- Possess a strong understanding of Textron Aviation production processes and internal department procedures.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate across the business units.
- Effective communicator who is capable of motivating others to produce without positional authority to direct.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Skilled in MS Project, MS Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)