The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for leading and performing engineering tasking including design, analysis, substantiation, interpretation of aircraft manuals/ drawings, etc. related to maintenance, modification and repair of transport category aircraft. Will prepare Structural/ Mechanical engineering drawings, reports and other substantiation data related to the integration of cabinetry, monuments, seats and other required components in support of VVIP aircraft completions.
- Support the Structural Engineering Leader with proposal development and research new technologies/ products to support future business opportunities.
- Ability to travel to support customer meetings as necessary.
- Applies area of specialty to author engineering processes and procedures, as well as design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Design, develop and integrate Structural components in support of aircraft interior modifications and systems upgrades (STC projects).
- Prepare Engineering data to include Engineering Orders (EO’s), drawings, analysis, test plans and other required substantiation documentation (cooling analysis, flow analysis, trade studies, etc.).
- Prepare modification/ installation work instructions, procedures and dispositions.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Processes (SOP’s) and documentation formats.
- Contribute technical clarification for Customer Completion Specifications and validate Customer requirements.
- Prepare Documentation to support Internal & External Design Reviews.Prepare the required Project/ Product Substantiation Documentation.
- Support inquiries from Eng. Support Organizations.
- Define long-lead materials to support accelerated project timelines.
- Create SOW’s and manage Engineering Outsource Partners.
- Support aircraft Production/ Manufacturing with the build/ installation of components/ kits.
- Collaborate effectively and support the Chief Engineer/ Structural Engineering Leader.Maintain close and frequent communication with the Director of Maintenance, notifying him/her of progress and any road-blocks or threats to the project’s critical path that could impact re-delivery.
- Monitor and support integration kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
- Coordinate with foreign and domestic approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/or approvals, as required.
- Work with Engineering Leaders to establish work-share responsibilities for interrelated discipline work assignments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer/ Structural Engineering Leader.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.