Structural Design Engineer, Service Engineering - Savannah
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
- Fundamental understanding of airframe structural design and the ability to apply such understanding to solve engineering problems.
- Experience and ability with computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experience in post-production environment or as a production MRB engineer.
- Ability to design an airframe structural repair drawing and calculate the basic static stress analysis in support of the drawing.
- Practical hands on aircraft experience and problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with and support a multi-disciplined team of engineers, mechanics and technical personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with external and internal customers.
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Aircraft design engineering experience. e.g. G650, G500, G600.
- Experience in the repair of metal bonded structure.
- A working knowledge of applicable FAA regulations and the understanding of obtaining compliance with such regulations within an in-service environment.
- Experience in development of Structural Repair Manual (SRM) data.
- Experience with foreign airworthiness regulatory agencies.
- Experience with repairs that impact Airworthiness Directives.
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope.
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge.
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements.
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)