Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services.
This is a Design Engineer position in Structural/Mechanical Engineering for Completions Engineering. Responsibilities primarily involve engineering design, modeling, and drafting of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and wire harnesses as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations. The design engineer will design installations for these commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation.
Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either AutoCAD or CATIA V5. Candidate must have significant experience with Catia V5. Experience with AutoCad and Smarteam PLM is a plus. The design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years design experience in business aviation completions. Experience with EWIS preferred.
Design assignments are executed under the direction of a Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Lead or Structural/Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost, and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
Perform other duties as assigned.