Systems Safety Engineer
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Required Applicant shall have the ability to work on complex and multidisciplinary problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
The applicant shall have and be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of System Safety Engineering analysis techniques and processes, including but not limited to preliminary system safety assessment (PSSA), aircraft and systems functional hazard assessment (FHA), system safety assessment (SSA), and particular risk assessment (PRA) from initial requirement validation through requirement verification. (ARP 4761)
- Experience in performance of fault tree analysis, failure mode effect analysis, common cause analysis, and EWIS analysis.
- Experience with probability and reliability calculations and fault tree analysis software is required. Experience with CAFTA software is preferred.
- Familiarity and a working knowledge of Safety Requirements in DOORS or similar software is desired.
- Experience communicating, coordinating, and negotiating with regulatory agencies such as the FAA and NTSB preferred.
- Familiarity with type aircraft or similar aircraft design, methodologies, and certification documentation preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Familiarity with MS Office applications required, relational databases, and SharePoint is a plus.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost, and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality and effectiveness of company products.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs. in a specific technical discipline or 15 yrs. broad Eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs. for Masters and 4 yrs. for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
$72.00/ Hour ST-
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)