PDS is seeking a Toolmaker III for an open position in Savannah, GA.
- Under minimum supervision construct, rework, repair, inspect and modify a wide range of tools from Engineering and Tool Design drawings using verbal or written instructions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and proficiently operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate, assemble, modify, and repair a wide range of tools from Engineering and/or Tool Design drawings.
- Lead one to two lower level toolmakers.
- Plan and lay out work from Engineering, Tool Design drawings and from specific manuals.
- Coordinate interrelated tooling along with primary task.
- Perform all calculations of material and machine cutters (speeds & feeds).
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Set up and conduct tool prove out on new and reworked tools.
- Communicate with others on work order status and completion of work.
- Comply with all safety regulations.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must understand and apply shop math.
- Ability to read/understand complex blueprints, sketches, verbal instructions and tool design.
- Must be proficient in operating all tool shop machinery and the use of precision measuring devices.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.