Troubleshoots, maintains, upgrades, and provides solutions to complex hardware/software problems for the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including Cisco Call Manager, Cisco voice gateways, UCCX, Unity, CER, and interactive voice response.
- Monitors capacity and performance issues for VoIP related traffic to ensure continued uninterrupted operation of telephony systems.
- Provides support for Cisco UCCX infrastructure and its associated software.
- Utilizes knowledge of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and telecommunications carriers operations, processes, and procedures to integrate systems. Creates and maintains telephony documentation, including, but not limited to telephony designs, hardware and software inventories, software installation instructions, and operational procedures.
- Interfaces effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, vendors, and management to develop solutions. Supports business initiatives from a voice perspective.
- Responds to internal service requests, change requests, and incidents through Cherwell Ticketing System.
- Adheres to change management standard operating procedures.
- Works on an on-call availability in the event of network/telecommunication malfunctions that impairs or threatens to impair the ability of the Company to conduct normal business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1+ years combined experience in networking and IP Telephony systems.
- General understanding of Cisco VOIP protocols and network integrations including IP and SIP trunking.
- Understanding of data technologies such as Cisco QoS, routing, switching, DHCP.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of Cisco Finesse, Riverbed UCExpert , Cisco core and switches, Recording Software, Solarwinds,, IOS configurations, TCP/IP, Ethernet, STP, Vlan,
- VoIP certification and/or training; CISCO UNITY, Call Manager, UCCX
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,d technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to use sit, use hands and talk or hear.
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
May encounter risk of electrical shock occasionally.