Director of Supply Chain • Location: Dayton, OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (extended hours may be required)
• Reports To: VP of Finance
• Direct Reports: 7 (new/growing team)
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Moderate overnight travel is expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton, OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. In this National Aviation Heritage Area, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, an original Wright Brothers airplane in Carillon Historical Park, and many other museums and landmarks.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for all facets of PSA Airlines Supply Chain operation including procurement, sourcing, contracting, logistics, component repair and warranty, business development and relationship management, and oversight of the Stores organization responsible for all aspects of storing, handling and shipping of aircraft related parts and materials
• Development and implements the corporate procurement strategy and the total program to provide adequate materials and supplies when and where they are required to support the Company’s operation
• Provides leadership and direction to Technical Stores, AOG and Heavy Check personnel for inventory logistics
• Managing the skills and competency development of procurement and Stores staff, including training development and knowledge
• Creation and management of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives related to inventory placement, aircraft component sparing levels, and other corporate sourcing and procurement initiatives
• Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
• Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
• Responsible for proper and efficient inventory packaging, product storage, documentation, damage claims, repair vendor relationships, containerization, and risk mitigation
• Develops, initiates and manages Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for addition of vendors and contracted services
• Develops vendor performance metrics and implement repair vendor performance review
• Responsible for the effectiveness of employee HAZMAT shipment training and ensuring HAZMAT shipments conform to all governmental regulations and company policies
• Responsible for creating, implementing, and control of an efficient tool storage, inventory tracking, and calibration system
• Ensures rotables are properly sent to vendors in a timely and cost efficient manner
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining inventory control policies and procedures
• Responsible for developing tools and methodologies in capturing and tracking total parts inventory as well as the performance of structured cycle counts