Prepares planning and analysis forecasts for the Company. Prepares and analyses budget vs. actuals on a monthly basis. Researches and resolves variances and discrepancies. Identifies process improvements and cost savings and acts as financial resource for divisional leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies process improvements and cost savings and acts as financial resource for divisional leaders on the planning and execution of strategic initiatives; ensures that key business unit decisions are in line with corporate goals.
- Implements financial modeling improvements to enhance process efficiency, to support new initiatives, and to accurately capture the changing business economics and structure.
- Analyzes financial performance versus forecast and plan, investigates variances, and communicates findings and recommendations to unit leadership.
- Develops operational, profitability, expense, and liquidity analysis and other key performance metrics.
- Conducts and supports ad-hoc analyses on issues throughout company as assigned; examples of projects include crew scheduling efficiency, supply chain optimization, and IT strategy.
- Supports Financial Planning team as needed in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual operating budget; identifies and articulates risks and opportunities relevant to the forecast period.
- Prepares various financial reports on an on-going basis.
- Provides training for Financial Analysts.
- Performs other duties, analyses, reports, and presentations as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- Bachelors degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of related experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including modeling and financial analysis using Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An MBA. At least 5 years finance experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10 of the time, including overnight travel.