The Wencor Group •
Reports to: Senior Manager FP&A
Number of direct reports: 0
Number of indirect reports: 0 Job Summary:
The Financial Analyst (FP&A) is responsible for providing timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager FP&A and they will be a strategic partner to all aspects of the organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Position will also likely play a role in acquisitions and integrations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyze current and past trends and develop key performance indicators in areas including revenue, cogs, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected variances
- Participate in the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial analysis
- Assist in the implementation of Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Support Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Management Team
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as needed
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision making across the company
- Share best practices worldwide
- Assists all departments in financial areas.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits honest and ethical behavior
- Sets and achieves company objectives and goals,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is an effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks
- Good reasoning and math skills
- Advanced computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Access database
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Is frequently required to sit.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related; Master's degree preferred; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Ident #: