Pricing and Data Analytics Specialist
The Wencor Group •
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Pricing and Analytics Manager
Direct reports: 0 Indirect reports: 0
FLSA Status: Exempt Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed analysis of transaction level data; synthesizing findings into relevant trends and correlations and assisting in the construction and implementation of solutions that drive revenue and margin optimization.
- Actively participates in ad-hoc and strategic customer pricing strategies and tactics for applicable aviation market segments with regard to current and new product offerings.
- Champions quantification and impact analysis of existing or proposed pricing policies, procedures and governance frameworks.
- Collaborate with senior management to implement new pricing initiatives.
- Work in parallel with the departmental associates as relates to data analysis and market research to support various firm initiatives.
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Act as broad spectrum analytic consultants for all departments under Wencor Group Product Management scope.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Participate in design, build and deployment of BI (Business Intelligence) solutions
- Ensure data integrity of Wencor BI (Business Intelligence) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tools.
- Participate in new product launch as it relates to PIM (Product Information Management) management and launch pricing.
- Creating and enforcing policies for effective data management.
- Formulating management techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, clients, customers, and the general public. Strong database, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint skills
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: High propensity for mechanical concepts. High degree of communication, business and marketing skills. High degree of industry knowledge. Must be detailed-oriented and focused on results.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less. Has the ability to identify and distinguish colors. Has the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus such as Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- MBA degree preferred
- Three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Ident #: