Project Control Analyst
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
The Project Control Analyst will provide financial and business management support to program managers on a range of government contracts. Analyst will provide regular reporting of financial metrics and the development of Estimates to Complete (ETCs) and Estimates at Completion (EACs) for the program managers. The analyst will interface with individuals in various disciplines and with senior management in support of issues on the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track financial performance on contracts and report results on a regular basis to Program Managers and other key staff.
- Communicate directly and work closely with program managers in support of their programs.
- Develop work breakdown structures (WBS) in support of new awards and monitor and revise as necessary.
- Develop and analyze ETCs and EACs and maintain program budgets, monitor actual costs and commitments.
- Analyze immediate and long-term profitability both at the delivery order and the contract level.
- Track subcontractor efforts and support relative procurement staff.
- Reconcile actual costs with invoices and resolve un-billed and suspense issues.
- Support company and government audits and provide support on program queries.
- Produce financial deliverables as required by contracts or internal requests.
- Support and provide input to program reviews.
- Identify financial risk on programs, ensure key staff are aware of the risk and develop strategies to mitigate the risk.
- Support cost proposals and program managers in understanding the cost of doing business.
- Ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other Corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or eight (8) years related experience and/or training; or 8 years equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of four (4) years in the financial management of contracts, project control or accounting in a government contracts environment.
- Experience with CostPoint and Hyperion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Working Experience with CAS, GAAP, FAR, or JTR.
- Possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and
- Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management (i.e Cobra, Primavera) and scheduling software (Microsoft Project) is desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
Job Ident #: