SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well. We pride ourselves in being an on-time airline and are seeking dedicated individuals that understand a deadline-driven environment, while also maintaining high quality standards of operational safety and customer service. As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team of professionals that love working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first time flier, we want to make each experience exceptional.
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality, and professionalism, along with world-class benefits like 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement, and travel benefits that extend beyond our major partners and allow you to see the world.
The primary role of a SkyWest Flight Attendant is to ensure the safety of our passengers while they are onboard our aircraft. Other important responsibilities include caring for our passengers and offering exceptional customer service while serving meals and drinks. This is a dynamic and exciting position that allows you to travel, meet new challenges, and be invigorated every day as you portray the essence of SkyWest to our customers!
- Ensure safety and comfort of customers onboard the aircraft
- Efficiently prepare, serve, and restock in-flight beverages, meals, snacks, and sell onboard liquor and food
- Greet passengers, assist with carry-on baggage stowage, and deliver onboard announcements
- Provide effective leadership, direction, and assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including disorderly passengers, and medical emergencies
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations by inspecting and safely operating aircraft cabin components, systems, and emergency equipment such as, escape slides, fire extinguishers, portable oxygen bottles, and automatic external defibrillators (AED)
- Adhere to established procedures and performance standards without supervision
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must possess and/or obtain and maintain a current passport (and applicable Visa, if necessary), with the ability to travel in/out of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Bahamas without restriction
- Excellent English communication skills required to provide safety information to passengers and write clear, factual, and detailed reports pertaining to irregular, emergency, and security events
- Willing to work rotating shifts, up to 16 hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be willing to relocate to one of our crew domiciles as assigned by the company after successful completion of SkyWest InFlight Training:
- Atlanta, GA
- Boise, ID
- Chicago, IL
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Fresno, CA
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
- New York, NY
- Palm Springs, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City, UT
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Tucson, AZ
Physical and Other Requirements
- Height must be between 50" and 60" without shoes (we are unable to make exceptions due to safety requirements)
- Visible tattoos are not permitted and may not be covered with bandages. Tattoos which cannot be covered by our flight attendant uniform must be concealed completely with tattoo makeup, compatible with skin tone.
- Must be able to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and harness fastened, perform tasks that require frequent walking, bending below ankle level and reaching above shoulder level, open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 45 pounds, push and pull beverage cart weighing up to 250 pounds, and lift, store, transport and reach for items, with or without reasonable accommodation
Flight Hours: After successfully completing phase one and two of Initial New Hire training, new hire flight attendants are guaranteed 76 flight hours as a reserve (whether you fly 1 flight hour or 76 flight hours, you are paid for 76 flight hours)
- The beginning rate is $18.31 per flight hour [Base compensation is 76 flight hours x $18.31 per flight hour $1,391.56 per month (Note: this does not include per diem*)]
- After six months, the rate increases to $18.96 per flight hour
- After one year of service, the rate increases to $22.28 per flight hour
*Per Diem: In addition, you are paid $2.00 per diem for every hour you are on duty away from your domicile.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A FLIGHT ATTENDANT POSITION: All candidates must attend one of the scheduled recruitment events/flight attendant group interviews. All candidates must complete an online application available on www.skywest.com/careers prior to attending a group interview. All candidates are required to bring a copy of their current resume in order to be admitted into the group interview.
CURRENT SKYWEST EMPLOYEES: To be considered for a Flight Attendant position you must submit an online application available on SkyWest Online and attend a group interview. All candidates are required to bring a copy of their current resume in order to be admitted into the group interview.