We’re hiring a Flight Paramedic to work with our team of air transportation experts to safely transport patients to and from medical facilities as well as scene call work. Safety, effective and efficient patient care is a key pillar of our services, therefore you’ll work on a quality, professional team that is committed to high safety standards for the crew and our customers.
PERK ALERT- $20,500 Geo Modifier!!!!
- Responsible for completion and submission of electronic patient care record for each dispatched flight within the specified time frame
- Responsible for daily base checks, which includes narcotic count
- Provide pre-hospital and intra-hospital advanced life support care from initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility maintaining thorough patient care documentation
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences
- Maintain documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing education, safety, and advanced procedures in the Employee Education Manual
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by emergency programs
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals, and the public
- Functions as a medical flight member
- Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefing and completes necessary documentation
- Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and Pilot assistance when needed, i.e. radio, navigational, and visual observation activities
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment prior to liftoff
- Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed
- Responsible for filling open or vacant shifts within assigned area as deemed appropriate by the Regional Director
- Participates regularly in departmental activities, projects, and committees
- Attends and participates in meetings according to established guidelines
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned
- Acts as a mentor and/or participates in orientation of new employees
- Participates in continuing education programs
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital care through participation in professional activities, i.e. national, state legislative-elected or appointed
- Will instruct classes as directed by Program Director
- Will assist with PR and marketing at established bases where needed within the assigned area
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an ALS or critical care setting required
- Flight experience preferred Education:
- Current EMT-P license/certification in the states served by the assigned area required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP required prior to flight status. Will be required to obtain trauma certification within 12 months of hire
- Advanced Certification (FP-C) preferred, required within 24 months from date of hire.
- Instructor certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS/PEPP, ITLS/PHTLS preferred
- NREMT-P certification may be required in assigned area
Why Choose Med-Trans? As a leader in helicopter air ambulance services, Med-Trans is one of Global Medical Response’s (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers. EEO Statement
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
Check out our careers site benefits page to learn more about our benefit options.