Ground and Flight Paramedic: Park Rapids
North Memorial Health •
Provides advanced life support care to the sick and injured and safely transports customers of all ages to a medical facility. In addition, the paramedic assists with other services and events as directed by North Memorial Ambulance Service.
This position would support the Park Rapids ground base for 12 hours/pay period and on a casual per diem basis for the Bemidiji air care base.
What we’ll expect from you
- Provides compassionate, advanced life support care to customers of all ages at the scene and in the ambulance.
- Coordinates customer care with partner and other responders providing care.
- Inspires compassionate care by treating our customers, families, staff and others with courtesy, kindness and respect.
- Communicates customer outcomes verbally with accurate, concise radio reports to the accepting hospital and to hospital staff accepting customer.
- Completes accurate written customer care record that is legible at completion of customer transport and enters customer care record into electronic record system.
- Performs operational duties to ensure worthiness and cleanliness of ambulance and equipment.
- Operates ambulance in a safe manner, obeys traffic laws and North Memorial Ambulance policy pertaining to safe driving and utilizes optimal safety precautions in all other aspects of this position.
- Takes an active role in professional development.
- Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
- The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
- The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
- Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
- Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
- Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Successfully completed paramedic training program from an accredited institution required.
- Associate of Science degree preferred.
- Three (3) years of ALS experience as a Paramedic required.
- Prior flight experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize, problem solve, make decisions during emergency situations and work independently.
- Possess or quickly acquire knowledge of the street and highway system within the service area.
- Current Minnesota Paramedic Certification or obtain within 60 days of hire date - State Requirement
- Current Wisconsin Paramedic Certification or obtain within 60 days of hire date - State Requirement
- National Registered Paramedic - State Requirement
- ACLS and BLS Certification - NMHC Standard
- Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C) within 12 months from data of hire - NMHC Standard
- PALS Certification - NMHC Standard
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification or obtain within 6 months of hire date - NMHC Standard
- Maximum weight of 215 pounds in uniform - NMHC standard
- Valid State Class D driver's license in the state of residency with an acceptable driving record - State Requirement
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)