Cabinet Maker - East Alton
Hire Aviation •
- This position requires an extensive knowledge of aircraft cabinet build, finish and interior installations.
- The job includes varying amounts of parts replacements or repair and general mechanical applications.
- Removal, modification, repair, refurbishment and fabrication of aircraft cabinets are primary job functions.
- Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Supervisor or Lead in charge of the project.
- Perform general mechanical functions on aircraft cabinets and related systems.
- This includes, but not be limited to items such as removal and installation of cabinets, modification, re-laminating, veneering, spraying and finishing cabinets.
- Ability to perform major modifications. Perform daily turn over sheets, work order processes and weight and balance data.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Work independently when required. Assist with training of less experienced employees.
- Ability to apply paint to finish cabinets per design drawings. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience with aircraft cabinetry - specific to aircraft cabinet building. Non aviation cabinetry experience maybe considered.
- Attend work every day as scheduled to include overtime and weekend assignments.
- Notify supervisor in advance of shift starting if unable to work.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work each and every day.
- Must perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation
- Administration guidelines.
- Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
- Maintain customer oriented work habits.
- Assist in major modification work as needed.
Lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
Routine walking, bending and squatting or sitting
Routing or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands with
emphasis on grasping, feeling and finger dexterity
Stand for long periods.
Personal hand tools.
Electrical power tools such as sanders, saws, power drills, etc.
Computer, copy machine, etc.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)