Cabinet Maker Sr
PDS Tech, Inc. •
Seeking a Cabinetmaker Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under general supervision, fabricates the most complex cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies for installation in aircraft.
Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and training to co-workers.
- Fabricates complex high quality furniture and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using stationary and hand held-tools.
- Interprets material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail.
- Coordinates with supervision to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Utilizes a variety of woodworking tools and techniques.
- Complies with and champions safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensures the protection of aircraft interiors.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when required. Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Coordinates with other backshops when necessary.Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime as needed.
- High school diploma/GED.Advanced knowledge of cabinetmaking processes and products.
- Four (4) years of experience in cabinetmaking.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
- Must be computer literate..
- 5 years woodworking/ cabinet making/ or furniture building working with solid woods and veneers required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)