Cabinetmaker I -Entry Level- Savannah, GA - LONG TERM- NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking Cabinet Builders in Savannah, GA
Under direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to fabrication of aircraft cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using design and engineering drawings.
- Learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in aircraft cabinetmaking.
- Continues to develop technical competency and problem solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (laminates, veneers, cap strips), develops proficiency in the preparation and making of furniture.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off completed work.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected.
- Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
- Prefer the successful completion Savannah Technical College, Luxury Craft Cabinetmaking. Or must have 1 to 2 years experience of professional woodworking or fine carpentry.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Wood working, wood finishing or auto body & painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred and/or completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.
Other Requirements: 1. The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. 2. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 3. Must be computer literate.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC