Interior Craftsperson - Installer
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Centre is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier’s Service Centers, the facility services both Commercial and Business Aircraft, boasting over 1 million sq. ft. of total hangar space. Winner of several FAA Diamond Awards, Tucson will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2016. Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000 sq. ft. Business Aircraft facility’s dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide--one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Interior Craftsperson - Installer you will fabricate, install and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request. This may include items such as carpeting and upholstery on seats, card tables, side panels, glare shield, aircraft cabinets, card tables and side panels. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. Travel may include international assignments. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned work may be required.
- - Typically 0 - (two) 2 years interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish and soft goods experience (i.e., auto, RV, boat, etc)
- - Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- - Demonstrated ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- - Basic PC skills
- - Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- - Experience interpreting engineering drawings
- - Demonstrated ability to break down cabinets remove hardware, inlay etc.
- - Demonstrated ability to strip finish utilizing heat and scraper
- - Experience with sanding and prepping raw veneer and hardwood for finish including touching up defects in veneer
- - Ability to mix match and apply stains and paints on new veneers
- - Knowledge on spraying polyester base coats and urethane top coats
- - Experience with Aircraft touch up
- - Demonstrated ability to mask and unmask components for finish process
- - Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- - Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform work in a safe and timely manner
- - Fabricate / install / refurbish / modify / aircraft interior equipment and furnishings
- - Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- - Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- - Perform assigned duties as assigned
- - May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- - Clean aircraft as required
- - Assist with other maintenance disciplines
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Job Ident #: