Interior Craftsperson - Upholstery (CTH)
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier’s Service Centers, the facility services both Commercial and Business Aircraft, boasting over 1 million sq. ft. of total hangar space. Winner of several FAA Diamond Awards, Tucson will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2016. Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000 sq. ft. Business Aircraft facility’s dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for an Interior Craftsperson - Upholstery based Tucson, AZ.
In this role, you will:
- - Adhere to Bombardier General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
- - Comply with environmental health and safety policies / procedures.
- - Participate in 5-S activities.
- - Perform work in a safe and timely manner
- - Fabricate, install and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request
- - Complete customer requests that include items such as carpeting and upholstery on seats, card tables, side panels, glare shield, aircraft cabinets, card tables and side panels
- - Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- - Perform assigned duties as assigned
- - May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- - May clean aircraft as required
- - May assist with other maintenance disciplines
As our ideal candidate,
- - You typically have 0 - 2 years of interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish and soft goods experience (i.e., auto, RV, boat, etc)
- - You have the ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- - You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- - You have basic PC skills
- - You have the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #: