Interior Installer Lead
Responsible for leading the day to day functions of Interior Installers to achieve established production targets. Requires frequent coordination and communication with the Interior Supervisor along with other Leads both in and out of the Interior department in support of meeting the overall aircraft completion schedule. Leading by example, ensure the department and its employees maintains the highest standards of safety, quality, schedule and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. After receiving direction from the Supervisor, prioritizes daily/weekly work assignments in support of the department schedule, production targets and overall aircraft completion.
2. Effectively communicates daily work assignments to installers ensuring they have a thorough understanding of the assignment and all necessary materials, prints and other resources to complete the assignments following established work steps.
3. Ensure installers are in compliance with the design spec, engineering prints, FAA, RSM and/or other internal regulatory requirements, to ensure safety, quality, schedule and profitability targets are achieved.
4. Provide guidance and coaching to installers as it relates to work assignments, specific work steps, proper and safe use of all tools and/or machinery or overall job performance.
5. Routinely monitor work assignments to ensure they are progressing according to the department schedule and/or production targets. Be aware of manpower allocations and bid vs actual.
6. Possess complete and accurate knowledge of work assignments for each aircraft at all times and provide regular feedback on status to the Supervisor.
7. Report immediately to the Supervisor about any potential delays, work stoppages or other instances which may impact the department schedule, production targets and/or overall status of aircraft completion to include any potential for delays during other phases as a result of the Cabinet Finish process.
8. Remain highly proficient with the use of all techniques, tools and machinery plus be able to demonstrate the safe and proper use, while possessing a superior technical knowledge of the Interior Install processes and procedures.
9. Mentors all levels of installers to progress their knowledge, skills and abilities.
10. Provides timely and appropriate performance feedback to include praise for a job well done or when an installer demonstrates continuous improvement techniques. Also provides constructive feedback as necessary for less than satisfactory job performance.
11. Advises the Supervisor of key installer accomplishments and also when coaching for improvement is not enough so formal corrective action can be taken to address low performers.
12. Be able to set daily level of expectations and hold personnel accountable.
13. Advanced knowledge of company installation procedures, process specs, IOPS, etc.
14. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma, or GED. Trade schooling related to interior install or other relevant craftsmanship a plus.
2. Thorough knowledge of the interior install process plus the demonstrated ability to lead and mentor others.
3. 8 years progressive Interior Install experience in the corporate aviation completion environment. At least 3 years must have been as a Senior Interior Installer.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient knowledge and expertise with all aspects of the Interior Install process.
2. Strong knowledge of the RSM and FAA requirements as it relates to Interior Install.
3. Working knowledge of computers and related software utilized by Comlux.
4. Working knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
5. Demonstrated ability to train and mentor a team of peers.
6. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating and tactful manner.
7. Willing to work hours as required to include last minute overtime and weekends.
Job Ident #: