Upholstery Tech II - Savannah, GA
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech is looking to Fulfill a position for Upholstery Tech II - Savannah, Ga
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
- May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels.
- May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk. 5. Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Upholstery experience preferred.
- To include one or more of the following skillsets: sewing, foam fabrication, dress cover installation, assembly and/or mechanical abilities, carpet.
- Looking for self driven and highly motivated individuals who are able to adapt to a changing and fast paced production environment that is quality driven.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)