Upholstery Technician II, Savannah, GA - LONG TERM - NO TOOLS REQUIRED
Strom Aviation •
Currently seeking Upholstery Technicians with a minimum of 2 years Upholstery experience - (Aerospace Experience Preferred But Not Required) - in Savannah, GA
Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains.
- May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
- Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels.
- May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills:Foam experience required, Computer skills required to navigate drawings and work orders. Upholstery experience in Automotive, Boat or home furnishings will be considered for positionEducation and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
- Aerospace Experience Preferred But Not Required
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC