Upholstery Technician Sr - Dallas
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
- Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
- Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
- Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work. Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
- Accept Lead responsibilities when needed.
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required. levels of safety, quality and productivity.
- Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years of experience in upholstery to include.
- 2 years aircraft upholstery experience
- Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products and/or advance carpet knowledge including being able to install custom carpets.
- Possess a working knowledge of inspection and process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)