Citadel Completions LLC •
The Aircraft Machinist will set up and operate all types of conventional machines, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines and related equipment in the manufacture, rework, and repair of aircraft parts and components. Responsibilities will include:
- Assembles repairs and fabricates metal parts by operating mechanical equipment. Assembles parts into sub-units or complete units
- Measures, marks, scribe dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining. Assists in determining dimensions and tolerances
- Sets up and operates metal-removing machines, such as lathe, milling machine, or grinder, to machine parts to specifications
- Uses precision measuring instruments to adhere to specifications, dimensions and alignment (e.g., micrometers, calipers, gauges)
- May operate precision machine tools such as computerized milling machine, cylindrical grinders, surface grinders, drills and saws
- Work safely and maintain the work area with high standards of housekeeping
- Performs required Preventive Maintenance activities on machinery and/or equipment operated
- Performs the work in lower classifications when assigned, i.e., drills, saws, press brake, etc., and assist in the work in higher classifications
- Demonstrates both the knowledge and experience of machining practices and techniques
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of the RSQM, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circular, manufacturer’s service bulletins and any other required references to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
- Ensure the work area is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. Ensure that good housekeeping practices are performed at all times.
- Perform the proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored (including racks by aircraft).
- Perform documentation procedures and sign-offs in accordance with Repair Station Quality Manual and respective task requirements.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear and tear. Ensure tooling, GSE and ground equipment is returned to its proper storage area following use.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Maintain close and frequent communication with skills manager, notifying him/her of progress and any roadblocks or threats to task accomplishment that could impact re-delivery.
- Deal with customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
- Take part in any required training as determined by the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Is required to be proficient in oral and written English.
- Holds a valid and current FAA Mechanic certificate with an Airframe rating.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two (5) years of documented experience in Aerospace and/or machinist trade
- At least two (5) years CNC aviation experience is required
- MRO facility maintenance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Able to perform intermediate/ major/heavy aircraft maintenance tasks with no supervision.
- Able to read, interpret and apply FAA approved or accepted data (i.e. IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM) proficiently.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately.
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Uses basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in regards to machine shop operation and equipment
- Has basic knowledge of shop surroundings
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)