Performs a variety of logistics duties which include all functions under Tool Room, Property Control, Warehouse, Aircraft Maintenance Support Unit (AMSU), Material, Component and Stock Control. These duties also include receiving, shipping, issuing and stocking components, parts and materials. Inventories and completes data entry of inventoried and processed items. Prepares requisitions and monitors until receipt. Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction. Gathers, collates, analyzes and reports logistics data. Utilizes logistics automation and information systems. Possess a good working knowledge of shipping, receiving, inventory control, and storage procedures. Must have a working knowledge of computer operation and related office equipment. Must have a working knowledge of aviation tools, supplies and logistics systems and the ability to understand and read supply and aircraft publications in written or electronic form. Must have a working knowledge of FAR Part 45 and 52 as it applies to their responsibilities. Must be customer oriented.
Reports To: Lead Supply Technician
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Prepares, receives, inspects, inventories, loads, unloads, transports, segregates, routes, stores, stocks, issues, turns-in, ships, and delivers incoming and outgoing property in a timely manner.
- Compares packing lists, receiving documents, bills of lading, inspection reports, and other documents with contracts, purchase orders, or other requisitions to verify accuracy of stock identification, quantity, condition, and other pertinent data. Inspects, tags, labels, counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments. Update records, receipts, and other applicable documents as necessary by use of data processing equipment.
- Coordinates with requisitioning agency and other personnel as necessary to ensure the timely transfer of parts, property and equipment. Issues, documents, ships, delivers or transfers property from issue, shipping, or transfer destination points.
- Stores and issues hazardous waste and materials.
- Controls the issue of sensitive, classified and controlled items.
- Prepares and selects appropriate containers for use in storage or shipment of materials.
- Determines method of shipment of all materials and waste, utilizing knowledge of regulations, shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Complies with DOT Hazardous Material Transportation Procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, files, and completes forms, records, reports, logs, and other related documents in accordance with applicable technical publications and other directives as required. Maintains stock records, inventory records and other applicable documents to create an audit trail.
- Complies with proper operating procedures when utilizing vehicles, ground support, and material handling equipment. Performs functional checks and daily inspection of ground support, material handling, special tools and equipment prior to use.
- Processes Beyond Economical Repair (BER) components.
- Processes repair of repairable components.
- Creates requisitions for parts and materials to meet maintenance requirements utilizing appropriate automated logistics and information management systems.
- Researches potential lateral support and coordinate material transfer.
- Interprets parts substitutions and usable on codes in the Illustrated Parts Break-down (IPB).
- Performs logistics’ driver duties as required by mission needs.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area, performs various daily office tasks and other logistics or related duties as required.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned.