Logistics Coordinator- Fresno, CA
Air Methods Corporation •
Responsible for fostering a productive work environment while assisting in daily operations within the Logistics Center. Plays a critical role in support of field aircraft operations in picking, shipping, receiving, storing, and testing of inventory, and special tools; to and from vendors or field bases.
Hub Locations: Responsible for fostering a productive work environment while leading daily Inventory management and logistics functions within a Field Hub location. Plays a critical role in support of surrounding field aircraft operations by receiving, storing, picking, and testing inventory and special tools. Will oversee outbound Shipping and movement of materials from Hub; including personal transport/direct drive based on need and urgency. Reports into Supply Chain hierarchy with daily dotted line to Maintenance leadership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Picking, shipping and receiving of parts, supplies, and special tools for support of field bases.
- Parts Processing: Processing of Ramco generated Material Movement Documents for aircraft parts, goods and/or supplies for field maintenance facilities and local shops.
- Parts Shipping: Works closely with scheduling high priority (counter to counter) shipments with various carriers while ensuring that parts are delivered by requested due dates to aircraft undergoing maintenance.
- Ability to identify/select cost effective shipment modes while balancing cost with service commitments
- Follows established processes/Standard Work for carrier selection
- Budgetary: Requests and adheres to departmental budgets for office and shipping supplies while also adhering to budgetary guidelines for expenses associated with freight and movement of materials within the Air Methods organization
- Quality Control: Adheres to quality control and compliance with all FAA, SOX, and DOD regulations. Maintains the Logistics Center in a neat and organized manner, ensuring a safe work environment.
- Inventory Administration: Partners with Corporate Inventory Administration by conducting scheduled cycle counts of inventory while ensuring accuracy by monitoring labeling, bin assignments, and movement of inventory within the organization.
- Accountable for inventory accuracy, and storage strategies supported by Ramco system
- Responsible for Physical Inventory at home facility, while supporting Physical Inventory initiatives at surrounding bases (6 hour drive radius)
- Inventory Receiving: Performs receipts of aircraft parts, goods and/or supplies from approved vendors ordered on a company purchase or repair order within the Ramco software system.
Additional Job Requirements
- Entry of data/problem solving (inventory reconciliation) within Ramco systems.
- Performs counts and bay maintenance of inventory. Ability to identify root cause, and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Ability to appropriately partner with Air Methods stakeholders (Purchasing/Procurement) to support the mission. Ability to work with limited supervision/self-starter.
- Other duties as assigned, to include safe operations in compliance with Air Methods Safety Management System (SMS) and participation in Air Methods 6S lean initiative for organization and cleanliness of assigned work areas/process waste elimination/process standardization.
Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Ability to work unconventional schedule/support AOG business needs.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- 25 travel expectations (Hub locations only)
- Drive time/sites within 6 hours drive of facing base location. (Hub locations only
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years aviation and/or parts/logistics operations experience.
- Ability to operate a Fork Lift and pass a certification of operation test after initial OSHA training.
- Problem solving skills, ability to identify root cause and implement sustainable countermeasures.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic mathematical principles.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented ability to prioritize and make conscious business decisions.
- Dependable and self-motivated.
- Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude.
- Data Entry
- Ability to manipulate/analyze data trends.
- Recommend appropriate min/max adjustments based on item velocity.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift Certification Preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)