Country:United States of America
Location:PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to, once again, transform the future of flight—designing building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So- calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
Are you ready to go beyond?
The Aftermarket Repair organization (PSD) located in Springdale, AR is looking for a Machinist Technician (VTL operator) for 2nd shift after a period of training on 1st shift. The training hours are M-F, 6:30 am to 3 pm and permanent 2nd shift hours are M-F, 4 pm to 12:30 am. This site employs 158 total.
Shift earns 8 shift premium after training period.
Overtime opportunity may be available after a period of training.
• Set-up and operate conventional, special purpose, and computerized numeric control (CNC) machines to fabricate and repair metallic and non-metallic parts.
• Read blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications to determine machine and set-up requirements. Prepare parts for machining.
• Set-up and prepare to operate machines including set up of fixtures, tools, attachments, and accessories.
• Operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical controlled machines and machining centers.
Machine parts to specifications Inspect parts to verify conformance with specifications.
• Complete required paperwork.
• Blend or prepare parts as needed to prepare for the next operation.
• Maintenance of machine setup information documents including CNC software, machine programming, and program updates as required backup and documentation.
• Preventive maintenance of equipment.
• Maintain clean work environment.
• Pratt & Whitney PSD is an FAA regulated facility, and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
Education: High School diploma or GED