Minimum Requirements And Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Airframe license preferred but not required
- Must have thorough knowledge of shop practice, standard charts and tables, blueprints and mathematics.
- Must have minimum 30 months experience formal machinist training or machine shop experience.
- Must identify and work with ferrous and non-ferrous metals, alloys and other materials common to aircraft repair.
- Requires the ability to solve gear cutting problems.
- Requires the ability to use all required hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of use, maintenance and repair of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges and other job related instruments and equipment as required.
- Must be able to obtain an airport SIDA badge
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and overtime
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
- Works to written or verbal instructions.
- Uses all tools, programs, and machine shop equipment.
- Removes or fabricates aircraft parts and tools.
- Performs rework, repair, and maintenance of tools and related items.
- Performs user maintenance and repair of shop equipment.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals, technical drawings, blueprints, sketches and other written or oral instruction used to repair, fabricate and manufacture aircraft repair parts and special tools.
AIRBORNE Tampa is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)