Material Handlers: 37154
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Material Handlers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Maintain inventory levels by identifying, labeling, stocking and recording materials and supplies.
- Transport heavy material using a forklift both inside and outside of buildings.
- Determine production requirements by obtaining work orders.
- Verify items and quantities on packing slips and receive or ship as necessary.
- Package materials and parts in various containers for safe shipment to internal and external customers.
- Communicate with internal customers while responding to material requests
- Develop bills of lading (loading) and delivery forms.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Cycle count inventory as requested by supervisor.
- Learn and utilize current inventory computer system.
- Sort items according to destination and verify all items match with the purchase order.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or 7 days a week
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to successfully complete forklift training
- Ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license
- Ability to acquire and understand lean manufacturing concepts
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift License
- 6 month experience in a manufacturing industry
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all times. Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep activities. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)