Materials Specialist – IAD
The Material Operations Specialist is responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft material as required by company, regulatory requirements and best practices. To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company manual, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Job Duties:Responsible for basic Inventory functions including but not limited to basic aspects of shipping, receiving, ordering, transferring and storage of parts and equipment required for the support of Airline Maintenance and Operations
- Efficiently work with all Company staff in the dispensing charging, ordering and stock of applicable parts, materials and supplies.
- Performs receiving and shipping of parts materials tooling and supplies.
- Maintains and files appropriate records.
- Complies with Company/Customer policies and procedures.
- Maintains warehouse area in a safe clean and orderly manner.
- Shipping and receiving of A/C components, expendable material and A/C tooling systems-wide.
- Pulls material, tooling and transfers to support line maintenance.
- Conduct cycle counts on inventory and audits of controlled material and other inventory functions.
- Perform other duties or functions as assigned.
- 1 Year Aviation Warehouse/Materials background preferred
- AS400 / PMI operating knowledge preferred
- Lift up to 50lbsEfficient in fast paced environment
- Must be able to obtain Airport ID and Driving endorsement
- Intermediate computer skills and program knowledge in multiple software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, SharePoint, Citrix.
- Must have clean driving record and possess valid driver license
- Must be able to pass ten-year background check and obtain airport security badge
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Outlook.
- One (1) year experience in inventory, warehousing, distribution or related functions preferred.
- Previous airline or MRO experience preferred.
- Previous experience with computer-based inventory systems preferred.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)