- Purchases parts for hangar operations for customer aircraft, which typically require immediate delivery.
- Complies with all CASL requirements.
- Purchases equipment, tooling, and/or supplies for department requestors as needed.
- Ensures compliance with required approvals.
- Obtains price quotes from vendors as required by departments and/or facility customers.
- Meets with and/or visits vendors to stay abreast of all buying opportunities and options available to the Facility.
- Expedites orders as required to ensure that deliveries are received within appropriate timeframes.
- Communicates daily status of all open purchase orders for production.
- Researches and resolves all purchasing/receiving problems related to a purchase order that are initiated by Purchase department.
- Ensures that all Accounts Payable problems are resolved on a daily basis.
- Processes purchase orders through the system.
- Obtains MSDS and approvals as required for HAZMAT purchases.
- Complies with all StandardAero procurement policies and procedures.
- Performs at least two (2) sources bids per year.
- Performs other duties as required by the Department Manager.
- High school diploma required. 4-year business degree or 2-year program with equivalent experience
- Must have 5-7 years directly-related experience.
- Must have excellent verbal listening communication skills, as well as a sales/negotiating aptitude.
- Must be capable of researching information on the internet.
- Experienced making buying decisions and negotiating price.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize critical items and resourceful in looking for alternatives to solve sourcing problems.
- Experienced analyzing multiple data points and making sound decisions based on that information.
- Able to give guidance to Customer Project Managers and mechanics on materials, in preparation for discussions with the customers.
- Strong attention to detail, especially regarding pricing, purchase orders, following up on parts and filling out required paperwork.
- Demonstrated customer focus and experience with vendors. Proven track record in getting results, and developing successful relationships behind-the-scenes with internal customers to ensure on time customer delivery dates.
- Possesses a strong sense of ethics, especially when dealing with pricing and purchasing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills. Must be able to skillfully multi-task and handle multiple face-to-face interactions at once with external and internal customers.
- Possesses basic computer skills in Excel, Word, and internet research. Must be able to learn how to navigate successfully in the OEM’s online ordering system.
- Demonstrated ability of being highly organized when working with multiple vendors.
- Must be a team player, willing to identify and solve problems while working together.
- Must be able to speak clearly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate a telephone and computer.
- Must be able to walk around the facility and bend to retrieve parts and/or files.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)