Production Control Supervisor - Aviation
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Supervises the overall maintenance, production and administrative requirements within Production Control and the Intermediate Level Jet Engine maintenance shops. Has extensive working knowledge gained through management experience of the Navy’s intermediate Jet Engine maintenance procedures and publications.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Provides the leadership and direct management of the people, processes and procedures to ensure safe, expeditious maintenance of assigned aircraft engines and components to support the F-5 Adversary Program.
- Perform management analysis and workload planning to ensure that Aircraft Engine components are returned to a serviceable condition in the most expeditious manner.
- Evaluates existing methods and/or systems and potential improvements for compliance with maintenance requirements and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains high quality standards in all maintenance functions.
- Prepares and submits to the Maintenance Manager recommendations for manpower, materials, facilities and capital equipment.
- Keep the Maintenance Manager informed of deficiencies discovered that impact quality and/or safety or may impact operational readiness.
- Provide a systematic and efficient method of gathering, analyzing and maintaining information on maintenance and material defects that impact the Aircraft Maintenance Program.
- Maintain liaison and satisfactory working relationship with Government personnel.
- Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintains and/or completes required records and applicable maintenance forms
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Assists in flight line foreign object prevention walks as required.
- Operates SE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft forms and VIDS/MAF and NALCOMIS/OOMA.
- Will have knowledge of and understand basic supply procedures. Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials and equipment as required.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- Must possess an extensive background in the field of aircraft Jet Engine maintenance and material support with a minimum of 15 years’ experience with 5 years of the last 10 years in direct aircraft Jet Engine maintenance repair, inspection, and modification. Of the 5 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance, three years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Must be knowledgeable of technical directives, and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series; be knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures; possess a working knowledge of applicable aircraft and shall have worked a minimum of one year in a maintenance/production control position.
- Extensive working knowledge of aircraft Jet Engine maintenance and flight operations gained through broad management experience in the oversight and management of aviation programs.
- Must have successfully completed approved course or training as required by Company, State/Local Govt, DOD, regulation/Instruction.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment:The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
Licensing, Certification Requirements as may be required for job specialty or as directed by management:
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
- Driver’s License
- Egress/Explosive System Checkout
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)