Join an innovative airline with over 40 years of history. Empire Airlines, known for our "WE CAN DO THAT!" attitude, is looking for an A&P Mechanic to join our team.
Empire Airlines has been a FedEx Feeder operator since 1988 providing flight and maintenance services throughout the Western United States. Our fleet consists of ATR 42, ATR 72, and Cessna Caravan 208 aircraft throughout our 18 domiciles servicing over 40 cities.
Employee benefits include PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, travel benefits, paid holidays, healthy lifestyle incentives, referral program, and other optional benefits. For eligible employees, we also offer Known Crewmember (KCM) and CASS (jump seat) benefits.
***Applicants must apply on our Jobs Page, which is accessible through our website at https://empireairlines.com/home/careers/.
The Stores Clerk is responsible for providing storage, transfer and delivery of aircraft and non-aircraft parts, tooling and supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Part-121 aircraft inventory; assist in performing monthly and annual inventory and cycle counting; perform and document required shelf-life inspections; ensure proper rotation of spares to keep shelf-life at a minimum utilizing a “first-in/first-out” system; report inventory results and adjustments to appropriate personnel; coordinate shipping of parts to out-stations and vendors.
- Ensure parts and materials are properly tagged; issue parts and tools to maintenance personnel; maintain computer records for all parts, supplies and materials issued; process and return unused parts and supplies to inventory; monitor normal usage of parts and materials and provide inventory-level adjustment recommendations; provide the Manager with recommendations for controlling inventory costs and increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Receive incoming parts, tools and supplies; perform receiving inspections on all incoming parts and materials to ensure conformance to part numbers, purchase orders, quality, and proper documentation from the vendor; perform physical inspections of incoming and outgoing articles, parts and materials to ensure a good state of preservation and that items being received are free from obvious defects.
- Package and ship outgoing parts, tools and supplies; prepare proper hazmat documentation; ensure parts and tools are properly stored, packaged and identified; monitor and replenish “free-stock” parts and supplies; monitor the shelf-life of parts and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area.
- Coordinate with Purchasing to ensure efficient processing of repair orders, and the proper return of exchange cores, loaner parts and other borrowed items, as well as the ordering of parts, tools and supplies.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior, maintain a professional and dignified work environment, and promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.