We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell in Fort Worth, TX has several immediate need openings for experienced Supply Chain Procurement Contracts Professionals with USG Military/Defense Contracting experience to support our Advanced Vertical Lift Systems (AVLS) programs. These roles support Aircraft New Product Development Programs.
In this role, you are responsible for establishing optimal long-term and high-dollar procurement contracts that enables the Supply Chain Organization and Advanced Vertical Lift to achieve its strategic objectives. This Contracting Professional works directly with the Integrated Products Team Lead and Program Team to identify and contract with the appropriate sources for new and existing aircraft subsystems. You will either be supporting our Bell V-280 Valor or Bell 360 Invictus programs to help secure Bell’s future for the United States Army’s Future Vertical Lift program.
Primary activities of the Contracting Professional include:
- Evaluating new, current and existing suppliers for fit with strategic purchasing contracts, preparing and issuing requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Facilitating the bid evaluation and down-selection process.
- Prepares negotiation strategies and conducts contract negotiations, employing cost scenario models, contracting strategy techniques, and negotiation support tools to advance the commodity’s key supply chain objectives, and finalizes contract awards.
- In all activities, the Contracting Specialist ensures compliance with all government contracting regulations and internal administrative requirements.
- High degree of relationship building and integration with integrated product teams in a development environment.