Job ID: 102489
The Leonardo DRS Naval Electronics business provides leading naval computing infrastructure, network and data distribution and middleware enterprise services, as well as world-class manufacturing and support capabilities.
This temporary Receiving Inspection position is expected to last through 12/31/21.
Perform inspection activities to assess conformance of products to the design as defined by the engineering drawings and/or models
- Inspect products, components, subassemblies, and/or systems to ensure conformance to requirements
- Create organizational value by implementing innovative solutions and best practices involved in all processes of the product realization value stream
- Assist Quality Engineers with identifying non-conforming conditions of products that present existing or impending defective conditions at the system or subsystem level of assembly
- Assist Quality Engineers prepare inspection plans and checklists for inspection
- Generate discrepancy notices and initiate Material Review Board actions
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process
- May specialize in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, process verification/auditing, final inspection, etc.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High school diploma or GED
- General knowledge of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-Std-001/IPC-A-610) or common mechanical techniques (such as geometric dimensioning and tolerance practices)
- Ability to use various measurement devices (calipers, pin gauges, go/no-go gauges, etc) to verify mechanical part compliance
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and able to verify parts dimensions against drawing requirements
- Ability to effectively interpret data and present as information and respond to questions from engineers and other technical staff
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.